Terms and Conditions
Goldwise or us means URL Holdings Ltd a company licensed under the Second hand Dealer and Pawnbrokers Act 2004 trading under the name of Goldwise;
You or seller means you the person wishing to sell gold or otherwise transact with Goldwise.
Know your customer
Goldwise is required to verify the identity of any person selling items to us. A copy of one of the following must be supplied for identification purposes:
- Current NZ Driver Licence,
- Current NZ Passport, or
- Current HANZ 18+ Card.
We cannot accept any other form of identification.
You will need to provide a proof of address which is less than 3 months old by including in the courier package either a copy of:
- a recent power, gas or phone bill clearly showing your name and address, or
- a recent bank statement with your name and address
You agree that where we suspect any attempt to deal in any stolen goods including, but not limited to the items submitted to Goldwise, we may report any relevant information to the Police and appropriate agencies forthwith.
The seller warrants and agrees that
- They are at least 18 years of age and that the goods for sale are owned by the seller and no other party has any claims or charges (registered or unregistered) over the goods;
- The information contained in the sale and purchase agreement is true and the seller has the authority to enter into a sale and purchase agreement;
- Proof of ownership of any items can be provided if requested;
- On despatch of the agreed purchase price from Goldwise to the bank account advised by you, all ownership will pass directly to Goldwise. Goldwise will not be held liable for any loss if payment has been actioned to the bank account advised by you and Goldwise may at its discretion on sell, or otherwise dispose of, the goods. ;
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions you will be signifying your consent to receive further information and documents electronically under the Electronic Transactions Act 2002, including from related parties to Goldwise;
- They will not hold Goldwise responsible or liable under any circumstances for any loss as a result of damage or theft of the seller’s goods during the courier delivery process;
- The goods offer for sale are not from, or the result of, any illegal activity;
- Goldwise may hold the goods for a minimum of 14 days as required by the Second Hand Dealers Act and will be made available on request to the Police and any other relevant authorities;
- Goldwise may pass on personal information about the seller to related companies of Goldwise for marketing etc purposes; and
- Goldwise may remove any stones etc from jewellery (as Goldwise can only pay for gold based on its weight) and any such removed stones etc will not be returned to the seller. Please remove any stones or other non-gold items you wish to keep prior to sending goods to Goldwise.
- The Goldwise Price Guarantee is a 14 days price movement guarantee and operates as set out in the webpage titled ‘Gold Price Guarantee’.
You specifically acknowledge that Goldwise does not give personalised advice or make personalised recommendations and accordingly it is your responsibility to assess and evaluate any proposed transaction between Goldwise and yourself.
Goldwise purchasing process
On receipt of courier packs we will:
- Inspect the pack for damage or evidence of any tampering – we reserve the right to return damaged packs directly to you in the condition that they were received,
- All packs will be photographed before opening and the contents (once opened) will then be photographed.
Goods will be valued by our specialists – an offer price will be communicated via email or in person for your acceptance. Any offer is good for 24 hours or as otherwise specified on the offer document. If you accept the offer, the funds will be transferred via overnight direct credit to your nominated bank account or if you prefer to visit our premises, cash payments can be arranged.
In some situations during the gold testing process (your goods will be assayed with acids and filings may be necessary) small marks may appear on the goods. The seller accepts this fact and that the goods may contain a mark or marks if returned unsold. If for whatever reason you do not accept our offer and decide not to sell to Goldwise, your goods will be returned to you via courier free of charge.
Goldwise values ensures you are treated fairly – if you are unhappy with anything, please contact the manager at email@example.com
Insurance / Claims
We provide insurance cover for the solid Gold, Silver and/or Platinum component of your items up to a maximum cumulative value of up $1,500.00 whilst the goods are with our courier or in our possession. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply – refer to the Insurance page of our website for full terms.
The seller is responsible for any required insurance over the limits/conditions we provide.
Limited Liability / General Terms
You hereby acknowledge, understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any loss, damage in excess of the amount you are able to claim under our insurance terms and conditions and hereby waive any and all claims for additional damages resulting from the loss or destruction of your items.
By signing a Goldwise contract or by using any website of Goldwise you accept and agree to the terms and conditions listed above and the terms and conditions of our insurance (collectively our “Terms and Conditions”). We reserve the right to alter our Terms and Conditions, and revised Terms and Conditions can be viewed on our websites.
Errors and Ommission
You acknowledge that Goldwise has the right to correct any trading or administrative errors or omissions including but not limited to reversing or cancelling orders without your consent.